PEER REVIEW PROCESS
PEER REVIEW PROCESS
Indonesian Journal of Urban and Environmental Engineering reviewing policies are:
- Every submitted paper will be reviewed by at least one peer-reviewer.
- Reviewers are unaware of the identity of the authors, and authors are also unaware of the identity of reviewers (double blind review method).
- Reviewing process will consider novelty, objectivity, method, scientific impact, conclusion, and references.
MANUSCRIPT REVIEW AND EDITORIAL POLICY
The suitability of manuscripts for publication in Indonesian Journal of Urban and Environmental Technology is judged by peer reviewers and editorial board. All the review process are conducted in blind review. Chief Editor handles all correspondence with the author and makes the final decision as to whether the paper is recommended for acceptance, rejection, or needs to be returned to the author for revision.
Chief Editor and Section Editors will evaluate the submitted papers on prequalification step for suitability of further review process. The manuscripts will be evaluated by two or three qualified peer reviewers selected by Chief Editor and Section Editors. The peer reviewers should examine the manuscript and return it with their recommendation to the Chief Editor or Section Editors as soon as possible, usually within 3 weeks. If one of peer reviewers recommends rejection, the Chief Editor will ask a third reviewer or Section Editors to decide the acceptance or rejection of the paper.
Papers needing revision will be returned to the authors, and the author must return the revised manuscript to the Chief Editor via OJS of Indonesian Journal of Urban and Environmental Technology. Chief Editor sends the revised manuscript to Section Editors to check whether the manuscript is revised as suggested by peer reviewers. Sections Editors could give recommendation to Chief Editor that the manuscript should return to authors, accept, or reject within 2 weeks. After acceptance by Section Editors, manuscript is forwarded to technical editor to be layout for editorial board meeting. Chief Editor would send an acceptance letter announcing the publication issue attached with manuscript reprint to authors. There are three steps of revision process by authors:
- Revision manuscript to accommodate peer reviewer suggestions within 2-4 weeks;
- Revision to accommodate Section Editors suggestions within 2-4 weeks (if any); and
- Revision to accommodate editorial meeting suggestions within 1 weeks (if any).
Manuscripts that exceed the revision deadline will be withdrawn. Authors may request for extension to Chief Editor before the revision expires.
The time interval from the date the manuscript is submitted to the acceptance for publication varies, depending on the time required for review and revision. Manuscripts are rejected usually for 3 general reasons:
- The topic of manuscript does not fit in the journal scope and may be better suited for publication else- where.
- The substance of the manuscripts does not meet Indonesian Journal of Urban and Environmental Technology standards; the data may be incomplete; the methodology used is not appropriate; lack of novelties and no advancement of the existing knowledge; or there are no consistency among objectives, research design/method, evidence, and conclusion.
- Manuscripts are not written following Indonesian Journal of Urban and Environmental Technology guidelines in Instruction to Authors. These manuscripts may be rejected without review process. Manuscripts could also be rejected in the review process if Authors do not revise the manuscripts as suggested by reviewers and editorial board, also do not give response/rebuttal against the suggestions.